Proxy voting implies that if you’ren’t able to throw your vote face-to-face, it’s possible to have someone you trust cast your vote for you personally.
Am I qualified to vote by proxy?
Whoever is registered can put on for a proxy vote.
You must provide a reason when you apply for a proxy vote. It is possible to submit an application for a vote that is proxy:
- you might be not able to go right to the polling section for example specific election, for instance, if you might be away on christmas
- you’ve got a condition that is physical means you simply cannot go right to the polling section on election time
- Day your employment means that you cannot go to the polling station on election
- your attendance for a academic program means that latin bride you can’t go directly to the polling section on election time
- you will be a citizen that is british offshore
- you might be a person in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces
The person you intend to appoint as the proxy can simply behave as proxy if they’re 18 or higher (at Scottish Parliamentary and municipality elections only this will be 16 or higher) and they’re (or is supposed to be) registered for that election or referendum.
A person is not a proxy for over two different people at any one election or referendum, unless they’ve been a close general.