Important information you must know about English placement testing:
You aren’t necessary to take an English placement test in the event that you received:
- 21 or maybe more in English on your ACT or
- SAT (pre-2016) composite reading and writing score of 990 or writing score of 490 or higher
- SAT (2016 or later) composite reading and writing score of 550
Scores are valid for 5 years from test date. If you don’t know which placement tests you need to take, please consult an advisor. New students that are full-time speak to an advisor during New-Student Orientation.
- An essay is included by the English placement test and a reading comprehension section also it starts with a tutorial which explains how to take the test.
- You are going to read a short passage and a related question using an instrument called WritePlacer. Then, you’re going to be asked to resolve the question in a multi-paragraph essay (300 – 600 words) without any time limit. WritePlacer will grade your essay according to thing like focus and purpose, organization and structure and sentence variety and style. Read more